1 and 1/2 C of whole wheat flour
6-7 TBL of powdered sugar ( you can also use evaporated pure cane sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
6 TBL of olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1C of water
1. Pre heat the oven at 350 Degrees F and spray a loaf pan with baking spray.*
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
3. Whisk in water, oil and vanilla in another bowl.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
5. Place the pan in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or till the edges begin to brown, and the center of the cake is bouncy. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, the cake is ready. Set aside to cool.
6. Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup, fresh fruit and homemade whip cream**, or fresh fruit and marscapone.
*You can also make two sponges in 8 inch round pans and use them as two layers. Place choice of toppings between layers and on top of the cake.
**Homemade Whip Cream:
1. 1/2 c organic whipping cream
2. 1 Tbl of evaporated cane sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
3. 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
---Combine ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand blender until light and fluffy.